Gressier, Haiti

Founded in 1996, our mission is building young champions for Jesus Christ!


Our Website

Sunday Feb 14, 2010 PM

Yesterday it was cool, so I sat on the roof and wrote in my journal. Most of the time we would love this sort of evening in Haiti clouds covering but not now. It rained again last night adding to the suffering of the many homeless.

The day was a continuation of the Day of Prayer and Fasting for Haiti. I understand the media is refering to it as a day of mourning. Believe me that is not so. The church in Haiti is celebrating and showing much Joy in the fact that God has touched them.

Over 200 were saved in Carrfour during the 3 days of prayer and fasting. Eddy's Church had 28 accept Christ in Service yesterday. Jesus Church @ Santos had 2.

The living conditions here are very hard for everyone right now. Staying focused is very difficult. But I see the power of God in the faces and actions of the Haitians as I have never seen before. That is what keeps me going.

Yesterday's church service began with the old hymn "Farther Along" sung, of course, in Creole.
I sang the words in English , "Tempted and tried we are oft made to wonder... Farther along we will know all about it. Farther along we will understand why..." Hot tears rolled down my face as I saw the hope in their faces. Hope only in Jesus.

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment